Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life and learning at Sriharikota (SHAR)-2

As we reached the main security gate, the bus has already left. But we are lucky enough that one of the bus coming from Sulluripeta (SHAR quaters) is little bit late. We boarded d bus and surprised to see that it is full and all our trainees! (hw much punctual we hv been). It's a long journey (nearly 20 kms)  from the secuity gate to our department and the journey was little bit hapazard (even though we were in d company side, we were travelling through the forest and rarely saw buildings and machinery and that too the buildings are surrounded in trees and spacious enough such that we cannot see the other building).

We reached our Department and met the DGM, who alloted us the units.
myself- Mechanical and Physical Testing Laboratory (MPTL) - Building no 142.
Saibabu- Inhibition Unit -- Building no 139
Srinivas-- Raw material Section -- building no 127.
Hari --- Drying Section --- Building no 124

So, it the time, we separated, and went to our units..........

I went to my unit, it was a long hall with 2 persons sitting on the chair each at other end, i greeted them and introduced myself, they welcomed me (one was Mr. Murthy(scientific assistant),, who is like Mr.Watson from Sherlock Holmes and other was Mr. Mallikarjun(scientist), near for retirement). They asked me to go to the other room, where i met Mr. Subramaiyam (scientist) young and energytic just from college. He took me to the unit head for reporting.

My first at my trainer (unit head) was surprising enough, Mrs. Laxmi Raman, fair enough, the pleasant smile makes comfortable for others but in the meanwhile the sight of dignity in her eyes reveals a deep immense command of a leader. I was a little bit hesitating to introduce myself, she asked me to meet after 2 days until to be with Mr. Subramanyiam.

here, one more person, whom i met late is Mr. Balaji, a Scientific Assistant.


In the next post, i will detail, how these characters have influenced my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment